Shortly after my last post, my life kinda kicked into high gear…
– Family reunion in Florida to celebrate my grandma’s 85th birthday
– My sister-in-law’s Bachelorette Party in Miami
– Attended Coney Island Mermaid Parade – far more nudity than you’d expect, too graphic to post pics here
– Served on Jury Duty
– Started eating fish and seafood (after being vegan for 5 years)
– My brother’s wedding in Boston
– My last trade show trip in Las Vegas
– Changed departments within my company, starting a whole new gig – now in charge of E-commerce, Social Media, and Digital Marketing, while managing our Customer Service team
– Attended the Decoded Fashion Summit here in NYC
– Halloween shenanigans
– Holiday season travel (made extra fun with city life and no car)
– Ringing in the New Year
After all that, I was left with a bit of an emotional hangover to say the least. Bummed I wasn’t able to find as much time as I’d have liked to draft new posts, but tried to come up for air with each step and snap a pic. Enjoy a quick recap in Instagram shots below:
Due to a much-needed digital detox and a recent job promotion, I took my last post’s last point to heart — “Unplug, log off, sign out, and ENJOY LIFE this summer.” I stopped checking my Instagram account, stopped drafting blog posts, stopped planning ahead, and just enjoyed my time in NYC as I maneuvered through the first few weeks of my new position. I wandered more, I spent more time with my boo, and I had enough free time that I no longer minded staying later in the office because I didn’t have a self-imposed deadline. I just was. I went with the flow, and I enjoyed life so much more.
Going into my 6th week in my sales position, it’s been an interesting road so far. Having faced age discrimination, cattiness, and egos beyond my wildest dreams…fashion sales are interesting to say the least! The most recent thrill was my first travel experience earlier this week to Las Vegas for the ENK Vegas trade show. I tried to snap pics as much as I could, but when you’re the new AE there’s not much down time! See the IG pics below — hover for captions/context.
As the new Account Executive for Andrew Marc’s RTW collection, I have a few trade show plans coming up before the holidays even hit: Coterie in NYC next month, Brand Assembly in LA + the F.I.G. in Dallas back-to-back in October — I’ll try n snap a few pics along the way ‘cuz there’s nothing better than remembering your first trade shows years from now when you don’t have to go any more 😀
Last week I had my last Spring Break of undergrad. My boyfriend treated me to a vacation in Sint Maarten where we stayed at the Holland House Beach Hotel on the Dutch side of the island. I’ve included a few pictures below for your enjoyment.